Need to pay Japanese pension after age 60? Is it OK to claim lump-sum pension refund after age 60?

Kosei Nenkin has maximum contribution age at 70 There are two kinds of Japanese pensions in its system – “Kokumin Nenkin” (国民年金, National Pension) and “Kosei Nenkin” (厚生年金, Employees’ Pension Insurance). Who contributes How to contribute Maximum age to contribute Kokumin Nenkin All the residents other than employees Residents pay by themselves Age 60 Kosei… Read More »

Japanese health insurances have no lump-sum refund?

Japanese health insurance system and ‘Gensen Choshu’ All Japanese residents need to get registered in one of public health insurances, along with public pensions. Japanese health insurance system is divided in, like public pension system, two parts -one for employees only and another for all the other residents. Employee Health Insurance (健康保険[Kenko Hoken]) : for… Read More »

Can ‘Eijusha'(Permanent Resident) claim Lump-sum Withdrawal Payments?

They can but they have an additional condition “Eijusha (永住者)” is the word meaning a permanent resident. Non-Japanese persons whom Japanese government grants a Permanent Residency in Japan are “Eijusha”. If an Eijusha leaves Japan permanently or for some years, can they claim pension’s Lump-sum Withdrwal Payments (脱退一時金)? The answer is yes, but there is… Read More »